After a disaster, it can become even more challenging for individuals and families with low incomes to pay for basic needs such as food, housing, and health care. That’s especially true if the disaster affects their job status and income.
Our resources can help you answer important questions about benefits, including the following:
- What are the different types of disaster-related benefits that a disaster survivor may qualify for?
- How do disaster survivors apply for these benefits?
- Can disaster survivors experiencing financial hardship get benefits, such as SNAP and unemployment benefits, that they did not previously qualify for?
- How should survivors navigate the Federal Emergency Management Agency process for getting federal aid?
- Which homeowners and renters qualify for disaster-related U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) loans for nonbusiness needs?
- How do small businesses get these low-interest SBA loans for disaster recovery?